Auto Insurance Explained
Learn about auto insurance policies and the different coverages that are optional and those required by state law.
The 13 Steps If an Accident Happens
Important life saving information if and when an accident occurs. Be prepared with these tips and know what to do in case an accident happens.
Filing an Insurance Claim
Learn about what to do before you file an insurance claim, and also what to do during the process of filing an insurance claim.
Special tips on motorcycle insurance to save money and lower your premiums.
Learn about why special protection and coverage may be needed for rv insurance.
Is your watercraft covered through your homeowners policy? Find out how special coverage is needed to protect yourself and your watercraft.
Credit Card Finder
Personal Loan Finder
Debt Consolidation Finder
Check out what recent and past consumers have to say about our services.
The 13 Steps if an Accident Occurs
Unfortunately, bad things do happen, no matter how careful we are. Think through these 13 steps now. If a car accident happens, you'll know what to do.
1. Promptly notify the police and call for an ambulance if anyone is hurt.
2. Cooperate with the authorities who come to the scene.
3. Take reasonable steps to protect your vehicle from another loss. Consider moving it out of the flow of traffic.
4. Try to record everything on the scene. Your notes should include details of the accident, identification of the autos and people involved, and the names and badge numbers of all emergency personnel. Take pictures if possible.
5. Insist on breath tests if you suspect drugs or alcohol are involved.
6. Do not accept money. Do not accept fault. Do not agree to forget about the auto accident.
7. Get copies of all police reports.
8. Have the insurance company inspect and appraise the damage before any steps are taken to repair it.
9. Cooperate with the auto insurance carrier representative in the investigation, defense or settlement.
10. Send your car insurance carrier copies of any notice or legal papers received in connection with the accident as soon as possible. Make sure you keep the originals.
11. If you are injured, submit to physical examinations by physicians selected by the insurance carrier as often as they reasonably require. (The insurance carrier pays the cost of these examinations.)
12. Give your authorization for the insurance carrier to obtain medical reports and other pertinent records.
13. File a claim.
|About | Glossary | Links | Disclaimer | Privacy | Suggest | Affiliate | Advertise | Agent Log-In|
|Insurance Tracker is the 100% advertiser supported insurance search engine. We are not a carrier, agent or broker. When you choose to inquire with an advertiser on Insurance Tracker, your information remains between you and that advertiser(s). Advertisers are solely responsible for keeping their information current.
Insurance Quotes From Agents Near You: Alaska | Alabama | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Washington DC | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming
Find The Perfect Insurance Policy: Individual and Family Health Plans | Corporate Group Health Plans | Long Term Care (LTC) | Disability Insurance | Senior Health Insurance | Dental Insurance | Vision Health Plans | Rx Drug Savings Plans | Term Life Insurance | Whole Life Insurance | Universal Life Insurance | Fixed Annuities | Auto Insurance | Senior Auto Insurance (Age 55+) | Motorcycle Insurance | ATV Insurance | Boat Insurance | Watercraft Insurance | RV Insurance | Homeowners Insurance | Condominium Insurance | Renters Insurance | Business Owners Insurance | Commercial Auto & Truck Insurance | Workers Compensation | Liability Insurance | Mortgage Protection Insurance
InsuranceTracker.com is a Venture Click company. Powered by ZipSearch!
Copyright © 2003 InsuranceTracker® All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.