Home Insurance Explained
Learn about home insurance policies and why it is not just a good idea, but a necessity if you have a mortgage.
Home Insurance Plans
Information on the seven basic home insurance plans and the 11 disasters that are usually covered.
Renters insurance information about specific coverages, replacement costs and actual value, deductibles, and loss of use coverage.
Find out what to look for in considering a flood insurance policy.
Is your home insured against an earthquake? Factors to consider with an earthquake insurance policy.
Mobile Home Insurance
Learn about mobile home insurance and what coverages are optional or extra.
Home Office Insurance
What is the best option for insurance if you have a home office?
Credit Card Finder
Personal Loan Finder
Debt Consolidation Finder
Check out what recent and past consumers have to say about our services.
Types of Home Insurance
Home insurance can be broken down into 7 basic types of plans. What differentiates them from one another are the types of circumstances they cover. The most popular plans today involve #2 and #3.
Basic homeowners insurance covers 11 types of disasters:
aircraft, wind/hail, explosion, riots/civil unrest, fire/lightning, vehicles, volcano eruptions, vandalism, theft, smoke, and self-damaging instances (part of building falls on itself, etc.).
This list can be expanded to include 6 more disasters:
falling objects, water damage (3 sub categories), snow/sleet/ice, and electrical surge damage.
1. This is the basic homeowners insurance that covers your home and property against losses due to the 11 disasters listed above.
2. This plan includes #1, in addition to more specific disaster circumstances: snow, falling objects (like trees), water damage (i.e. washing machine overflows, or dishwasher breaks), and electrical damage (power surge).
3. This plan includes extended/specialty items, in addition to all of the above. The only disasters that this doesn't cover are flood, earthquake, war, and nuclear blasts.
4. Renters insurance coverage. This type of insurance will protect your personal property for the above listed items.
5. Complete risk coverage for the building and property.
6. Condominium coverage. This type of policy covers personal property from the above disasters (all 17).
7. This policy is designed for older homes with historic value. Coverage includes protection from the basic 11 disasters listed above. Under this plan, coverage is limited to repairs or cash values of the items involved. The rebuilding/replacement cost is not covered in this, because some aspects of the home (historic significance) can make these costs higher than current market value.
There are variations that can be had with all of the above plans. There are special policies that can be used to cover mobile homes. Opposite of renters insurance, which only covers the renters property, there is landlord insurance. This covers the actual dwelling, but not the property within.
|About | Glossary | Links | Disclaimer | Privacy | Suggest | Affiliate | Advertise | Agent Log-In|
|Insurance Tracker is the 100% advertiser supported insurance search engine. We are not a carrier, agent or broker. When you choose to inquire with an advertiser on Insurance Tracker, your information remains between you and that advertiser(s). Advertisers are solely responsible for keeping their information current.
Insurance Quotes From Agents Near You: Alaska | Alabama | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Washington DC | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming
Find The Perfect Insurance Policy: Individual and Family Health Plans | Corporate Group Health Plans | Long Term Care (LTC) | Disability Insurance | Senior Health Insurance | Dental Insurance | Vision Health Plans | Rx Drug Savings Plans | Term Life Insurance | Whole Life Insurance | Universal Life Insurance | Fixed Annuities | Auto Insurance | Senior Auto Insurance (Age 55+) | Motorcycle Insurance | ATV Insurance | Boat Insurance | Watercraft Insurance | RV Insurance | Homeowners Insurance | Condominium Insurance | Renters Insurance | Business Owners Insurance | Commercial Auto & Truck Insurance | Workers Compensation | Liability Insurance | Mortgage Protection Insurance
InsuranceTracker.com is a Venture Click company. Powered by ZipSearch!
Copyright © 2003 InsuranceTracker® All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.