Life Insurance Explained
What to look for in a life insurance policy.
Do You Need Life Insurance?
Find out about life insurance plans.
What Type of Life Insurance
Learn about what life insurance plan is best for you.
What Are the Types of Life Insurance?
Find out about the types of life insurance plans.
Whole Life Insurance
Learn about whole life insurance.
Variable Life Insurance
Learn about variable life insurance.
Universal Life Insurance
Learn about variable life insurance plans.
Universal Variable Life Insurance
Find out about universal variable life insurance plans.
Credit Card Finder
Personal Loan Finder
Debt Consolidation Finder
Check out what recent and past consumers have to say about our services.
Which Type of Life Insurance is Best for You?
There are two basic types of life insurance: term and permanent. Term insurance is purely life insurance while permanent (aka "cash value" or "whole life") policies include a savings element.
You've probably heard lots of sales pitches and marketing hype regarding cash value polices, and other arguments about how term policies are the better deal. The truth of the matter depends on each persons individual situation.
Benefits of a Term Life Policy
1. It's straightforward. If you die during the term of your policy your beneficiaries get paid -that's all there is to it.
2. It's inexpensive. You aren't paying anything extra to fund a savings account or cover investment fees. And because the market is so competitive for term insurance, companies have a huge incentive to keep prices low.
3. It's easy to shop for. With relatively little effort you can comparison shop and assure yourself of a good deal.
4. You pay only for what you need when you need it. You typically need life insurance coverage for a specific period of time (until the kids are out of college, for instance).
Benefits of a Permanent Life Insurance Policy
1. Flexibility. A permanent plan can give you access to some or all of the premiums that you have been paying for in a way favorable to your taxes.
2. It's with you until you die. This type of policy coverage is guaranteed for your life with no out of the blue payment increases. A term policy will expire at a certain date, and a renewed policy could have much higher premiums.
3. Inheritance. Maybe the best reason for a permanent policy is to make sure your estate and investments don't get eaten up by the government. A permanent policy can provide peace of mind that your family and loved ones will be taken care of for the future.
Remember, the decision to buy a permanent or a term life insurance policy will depend on your situation, your age, your financial well-being, and other factors. If you are a young family with some investments to protect but not financially stable a term life policy might be a good idea to protect those investments and your family. However, if you are financially stable with considerable investments, it may be a better decision in the long run to purchase a permanent plan.
|About | Glossary | Links | Disclaimer | Privacy | Suggest | Affiliate | Advertise | Agent Log-In|
|Insurance Tracker is the 100% advertiser supported insurance search engine. We are not a carrier, agent or broker. When you choose to inquire with an advertiser on Insurance Tracker, your information remains between you and that advertiser(s). Advertisers are solely responsible for keeping their information current.
Insurance Quotes From Agents Near You: Alaska | Alabama | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Washington DC | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming
Find The Perfect Insurance Policy: Individual and Family Health Plans | Corporate Group Health Plans | Long Term Care (LTC) | Disability Insurance | Senior Health Insurance | Dental Insurance | Vision Health Plans | Rx Drug Savings Plans | Term Life Insurance | Whole Life Insurance | Universal Life Insurance | Fixed Annuities | Auto Insurance | Senior Auto Insurance (Age 55+) | Motorcycle Insurance | ATV Insurance | Boat Insurance | Watercraft Insurance | RV Insurance | Homeowners Insurance | Condominium Insurance | Renters Insurance | Business Owners Insurance | Commercial Auto & Truck Insurance | Workers Compensation | Liability Insurance | Mortgage Protection Insurance
InsuranceTracker.com is a Venture Click company. Powered by ZipSearch!
Copyright © 2003 InsuranceTracker® All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.